The Saint Ambrose Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) is an NAEYC accredited, Four-Star Parent Aware rated, non-profit, Christian-based program created as an outreach of Saint Ambrose Catholic Church. The ECEC provides care for families of Woodbury and the neighboring communities.
We have been NAEYC Accredited since July 2012 and continue to show our quality by meeting the 10 NAEYC Early Childhood Standards, which are based on the latest research on the education and development of young children. Our Four-Star Parent Aware rating has been in place since 2016 and we maintain a high-level of attention to the guidelines and requirements set forth by the Minnesota Parent Aware program. This includes areas such as curriculum, training, and the health and safety of all of our children and families.
The Saint Ambrose Early Childhood Education Center (ECEC) is dedicated to supporting families by providing a safe, nurturing, Christian early childhood education program that fosters active age-appropriate spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social and physical development.
The Saint Ambrose community recognizes the partnership between families, children, staff, and parishioners in providing for the development of children ages 8 weeks to 5-years as they learn and grow together. As a community we have a responsibility to support families–as the primary care givers to their children–by providing developmentally appropriate experiences that promote responsibility, respect, and healthy relationships.
As a community we believe…
- We are special and God loves us.
- In the values of mutual caring, respect and sensitivity to others.
- In fostering children’s faith through prayer, song, role modeling, the Scripture, and the celebration of holidays.
Growth and Development
As a community we believe…
- Children learn through doing.
- In allowing for the individual growth of each child.
- In a developmentally appropriate environment with activities that are both child and teacher initiated.
- In working cooperatively with one another.
Our Commitment to You
- Provide an exceptional early childhood education program with high-quality care
- Build a solid foundation of learning for all children
- Maintain a safe and secure environment
- Offer a healthy and nutritious food program
- Hire quality, certified and professional teachers
- Create a positive learning environment
- Keep families informed of center and child-related activities
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment
- Maintain low ratios in our classrooms
- Keep our tuition affordable and manageable for our families
- Maintain our NAEYC and Parent Aware quality standards at all times